Motor brake relays
Motor brake relays are used with view to safety and efficiency. With braking currents up to 600 A DOLD braking units allow a reliable deceleration of asynchronous motors up to 160 kW. They can be used to bring your machines to a standstill within 10 s as required by the European Directive on Machinery.
- Easy installation, also in existing plants
- Free from wear and maintenance
- Adjustable braking currents allow optimal tailoring to machines and plants
- Automatic zero-speed monitoring ensures precisely accurate braking current cutoff and spares time-consuming readjustments
- Thermistor motor protection prevents inacceptable motor heating
What is DC Injection Braking?
DC Injection braking is an effective electrical method of stopping a rotating AC asynchronous motor.
How does it work ?
An AC electrical motor works on the basic principle of opposing magnetic poles attracting each other. If you create a rotating magnetic field in the stationary (stator) windings of a motor, a magnetic field of the opposite polarity in the rotating (rotor) windings will naturally want to follow it trying to align itself (Fig.1).
If you were to then create a stationary magnetic field in the stator, the attracted opposing fields in the still rotating rotor windings will try to align themselves with the stationary field, creating a strong braking force. This is what happens when a DC current is Injected into the ‘Stator’ windings of a motor.
- Wood working machines
- Centrifuges, belt conveyor drives
- Textile machines
- Mills, grinding machines
Motor brake relay MINISTOP
adjustable up to
up to [s] max.
|Motor brake relay||60||30||+||+||+||90||BI 9034|
|Motor brake relay||25||11||+||45||BA 9034N|
|Motor brake relay||80||20||+||+||90||BI 9023|
|Motor brake relay||25||15||+||optionally||+||100||BN 9034|
|Motor brake relay||600||320||+||optionally||from 100 A||+||110||GB 9034|
|Softstart with d.c. brak||60||30||+||+||90||BI 9028|
* Following product are also available: